The Earnhardt Family

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who has given me two wonderful and beautiful children.

Mommy and Tripp

Mommy and Tripp

Friday, September 26, 2008

Here I am...

So, it's been awhile, I kept telling myself that I would get a new post on here when I got new pictures or when Tripp did something new, or tomorrow when I have more time. Well here I am, no pictures today-will save those for a happier post. This is going to be all about me today. First, a little history...I went to my doctor (OB/Gyn) for my annual appointment and they are pretty thorough-they check your glands, they check your reflexes, etc. Well, he asked me to lean my head back and to swallow as he felt my neck. I did as told and then he asked me to do it again-so I did-7 more times. He checked my chart and then gave me some pretty disturbing news. He told me that he felt an enlargement on my thyroid and that he wanted to get it looked at. He referred me to Clarendon Memorial for an ultra-sound of my neck. I went and had the ultra-sound done and waited a few days on the results. My doctor called me and told me that there was indeed an enlargement, and it was a solid mass. We set up an appointment with a specialist and I had a fine needle aspiration completed yesterday (9/25/2008) morning. By the way, this is what they call a needle biopsy. I will get the results on Monday afternoon and will be able to update everyone on Tuesday morning.

No comments: